Hurricane Foundation Repair
Foundation repair is never something, as the homeowner, you want to admit that you need but it is a necessity in certain situations. The conventional cracking and settling of your foundation are normal due to poor soil conditions, but what happens when something big occurs like a hurricane? It is no secret that every year here in the Carolinas' there is a real threat of a hurricane moving in and devastating the coastline and sometimes up to hundreds of miles inland. In the event that your home is affected by a hurricane, it is imperative to start rebuilding immediately and fortifying your property to better withstand a repeat incident. This is where your foundation comes in.
Hurricane Related Foundation Issues
The effects a hurricane has on your home's foundation are more times than not, extensive and bothersome. There are many things that can happen to cause damage to your foundation and when it comes to a hurricane here are the facts:
- Flying Debris - Flying debris is a common occurrence with hurricanes and you can see some crazy things flying through the air and getting tossed around. All it takes is one object being thrown against your home and you will have foundation issues. Any cracks in your home can cause your home to lose a portion of its stability which in turn will cause your foundation to move and shift.
- High Winds - Hurricanes, depending on the category can produce anywhere between 50 miles per hour and 150 miles per hour winds that can cause anything to happen. Your main concern with high winds during a hurricane is the possibility of trees toppling over onto your home and the soil surrounding your home being blown away. Soils being blown away from your home can weaken the area your home is settled on which can cause unnatural shifting and settlement to occur.
- Rain and Flooding - All hurricanes come with copious amounts of rainfall which quickly turns into flooding. Flooding can rush through your property putting incredible amounts of hydrostatic pressure on your home's foundation. Each home is built to withstand the elements to some degree which means it can withstand a certain amount of natural hydrostatic pressure. Hydrostatic pressure is the amount of force put on the outside of your home by the groundwater that surrounds it. If the pressure increases beyond the threshold your home is built to withstand, your foundation walls start to bow, crack, settle and shear.
Hurricane damage is nothing to scoff at and being prepared to make necessary repairs should not be all on your shoulders. If your home is damaged this hurricane season put your trust in a reputable foundation repair company. Carolina Foundation Solutions offers many repair options to fit your repair needs.
Carolina Foundations Hurricane Solutions
Carolina Foundation Solutions has various options available to address hurricane-related foundation issues, such as:
- polyurethane foam injection procedure - The injection of polyurethane foam is an excellent solution for soil stabilization and concrete lifting for areas with unstable, eroded soil. The two-component, high-strength, hydro-in-sensitive structural polymer foam is lightweight and provides immediate results. The injected materials will fill any voids that may exist between the bottom of the concrete slab and the top of the soils, consolidate loose soils located along the upper layers of the underlying soils, will create a more solid base which shall assist in preventing further and future movement, and will allow the ability to lift the settled areas of the concrete slab.
- Helical Pier and Steel Bracket Installation - Helical piers are composed of hot-dipped, galvanized steel and are screwed through the soft, unstable soil at the surface and secured on the solid underlying soil underneath. These helical piers are monitored until the proper torque to stabilize your home is achieved and steel brackets are then attached to the footer of your foundation securing it into place. In the event a hurricane compromises your home, this solution provides you a way to regain your structural integrity.
- Fortress Carbon Fiber Straps - If flooding affects your home during a hurricane and causes your foundation walls to bow out or sheer, carbon fiber straps are a great solution. Equipped with a top and bottom anchor, these straps provide quick, cost-effective, immediate results. This product consists of a woven grid of carbon fiber and kevlar that is corrosion-proof and is more rigid than steel. Each strap provides 234,700 pounds per square inch of support, which is like holding back the combined weight of 47 mid-sized SUVs.
Carolina Foundation Solutions is here for you during every season of the year and will provide you with the best foundation repair solutions in the industry. Call us at 877-770-7050 or go to bit.ly/CFSConsult to schedule a FREE consultation today!