Helical Piers for New Construction in Charlotte, Asheville & Beyond
Every new structure needs a strong foundation. The problem is that many parts of North and South Carolina have soil with poor load-bearing characteristics. Even when building on seemingly stable ground, it’s wise to reinforce the foundation to prevent soil settlement and the problems it leads to, including cracked foundations, bulging footings, buckling slabs, and tilting chimneys.
Helical piers are an advanced construction solution that structural engineers have perfected over the years. They help overcome the limitations of poor soil to provide a firm foundation for houses and other buildings. Carolina Foundation Solutions offers residential new construction helical piers to ensure structural stability in your upcoming house-building project.
To learn more about our residential foundation services or to schedule a free inspection for helical pier installation, call us at (877) 770-7050.
What Are Helical Piers for New Residential Construction?
Whether it’s an addition to an existing building or the construction of a new foundation, knowing the conditions and types of soil on which the structure is to rest upon is extremely important. If it’s found that the existing soils are not capable of adequately supporting the weight of the new structure, then this usually requires the need for a deep foundation system, and the installation of CHANCE Helical Piles are a great solution.
Expansive soils, high water tables, and/or poor fill material are just some of the conditions that can be encountered and that can be considered inadequate for supporting the weight of a structure. These conditions often prevent the installation of standard shallow foundations and require deep foundation systems. There are different types of deep foundation systems, and different factors can dictate the need for one system over another. Caissons and driven timber piles are often considered the traditional deep foundation systems, but the use of helical piles is generally a far superior solution and presents advantages and benefits that the others cannot.
CHANCE Helical Piles provide the performance of traditional deep foundations without the high mobilization costs and without creating vibrations, noise, and spoils. CHANCE offers a variety of helical pile systems consisting of solid steel square shaft material or steel round pipe material. The various helical pile types are available in different sizes and grades to best fit the needs of each individual project and application. This time-saving and cost-effective deep foundation solution utilizes instant torque-to-capacity feedback as a built-in quality control that eliminates uncertainty for engineers and contractors, providing quality throughout the project.
Advantages of CHANCE® Helical Piles
- Low mobilization costs
- Installed with small equipment
- Pre-engineered system
- Fast installation
- Installs in any weather conditions
- Allows for immediate loading, no waiting for concrete to cure
- No spoils created (ideal for sites where contaminated soils are present)
- No vibration
- Quality control — field measurable torque
- Consists of hot-dipped galvanized recycled steel made in the U.S.
- Consists of products that are ICC-ES Certified
Other benefits include:
- There’s no need to plan to mobilize large equipment to drive timber piles.
- There’s no need to move around or haul off spoils created with caissons.
- There will be no need to wait for perfect weather conditions to pour concrete, as required for caissons.
- There will be no phone calls from neighbors complaining of the noise and vibration from the pounding of timber piles.
- There will be no need to wait for concrete to cure, as required for caissons.
- No second guessing or additional and extensive testing will be required to confirm that the piles have reached the proper depth and can support the specified weight.
- The helical piles are environmentally safe.
Although the helical piles may not be considered a “traditional deep foundation system,” they are certainly trusted and proven. Since 1912, CHANCE has been manufacturing the world’s most trusted and used helical pile/pier/anchor systems. Carolina Foundation Solutions is a certified CHANCE Installer and takes pride in using the best materials and providing the best solutions in the industry. For any projects that may require deep foundation systems, please feel free to contact us.
Do I Need Helical Piers for My Construction Project?
Piling is one of the most critical aspects of building a strong, resilient foundation. Many new homes are built without helical piers because they’re not required by code, and they may increase the project cost. However, investing in helical piers today could prevent foundation shifting and movement in the future.
New construction helical piers provide numerous benefits and are highly recommended in many instances, including:
- Poor soil conditions
- Limited access areas
- Remote or wetland areas
- High-capacity applications
- Winter construction projects
- Temporary footing applications
- Projects with vertical and horizontal load stabilization requirements
- Jobs where a quick, efficient installation is needed
- Locations that require protection against foundation freezing, cracking, and heaving
Carolina Foundation Solutions can help you determine if helical piers are appropriate for your project. Schedule a free inspection with our foundation experts today!
Helical Piers for Foundation Repair
In addition to their usefulness in new construction projects, helical piers can be implemented in foundation repair work. They provide support and stabilization for foundation sections that have experienced settling. This is done by transferring the structure’s weight from the footing down to a more stable layer of load-bearing soil.
If you need a foundation repair in NC or SC, contact Carolina Foundation Solutions for a service estimate today.
Why Choose Carolina Foundation Solutions for Residential New Construction Piers?
Carolina Foundation Solutions is a family-owned and -operated company with one overarching goal — to provide our customers with foundation solutions that are second to none. We offer well over 100 years of combined experience in this specialized industry. Today, our portfolio comprises many residential and commercial foundation services performed throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, and surrounding states.