Wet Crawl Space Repair & Crawl Space Waterproofing in Charlotte & the Triangle
Most homeowners don’t spend much time in their crawl space. However, a crawl space is just as prone to problems with water as a basement is. Excess moisture in your crawl space can cause mold, pests, rust, wood rot, and even structural damage. Calling in a professional crawl space repair company as soon as you notice signs of water in your crawl space is key to halting, repairing, and preventing damage.
Carolina Foundation Solutions provides crawl space repair for damage caused by water and prevent it from entering your crawl space. If you have uneven or sagging floors due to extensive water damage in your crawl space, we can install Strong Posts to create solid floors and, in most cases, raise them back to their original position. As the Carolinas’ Waterproofing Specialist, we can help you keep your crawl space dry and your home safe from the devastating effects of excess moisture.
Are you in need of crawl space repair or crawlspace encapsulation? Schedule a free inspection with Carolina Foundation Solutions for wet crawl space repair in NC & SC. Call (877) 770-7050 or contact us online today!
Signs Your Crawl Space Needs Repair or Waterproofing
If your crawl space has excess moisture, you will soon see evidence. The common signs of water problems in a crawl space include:
- Wet crawl space floor: Standing water or wet soil on your crawl space floor after a heavy rain means that your foundation has become oversaturated.
- Wet insulation: Wet, sagging insulation signals a continued humidity problem in your crawl space. It also promotes mold and mildew growth.
- Wet floor joists: Your floor joists form the wooden support structure that’s under your floor. In your crawl space, they are the wooden beams running across the ceiling. If they are wet, this means you have excessively high levels of humidity in your crawl space. Wet floor joists will sag and rot over time.
- Bouncy floors: High moisture in your crawl space can cause your floors to sag. This results in floors above the crawl space that feel “bouncy” and can eventually buckle and break.
Don’t ignore any of these signs — call the crawl space experts at Carolina Foundation Solutions for immediate intervention and crawl space repair!
Most crawl spaces have dirt floors, which naturally contain some water. Just like water outside your house, the water in your crawl space’s floor wants to evaporate into the environment. When it vaporizes into the air of your crawl space, it is often absorbed into the wood framing. Over time, this results in wood rot and mold growth. A vapor barrier can be installed over your crawlspace’s floor to block this water vapor and control the moisture levels in your crawlspace. Carolina Foundation Solutions specializes in installing vapor barriers by installing a vapor barrier system to prevent the effects of water vapor in your crawl space.
Crawl Space Encapsulation
Some situations require a more extensive solution to keep moisture at bay. Crawl space encapsulation is one of the most efficient and effective ways to control the levels of moisture and humidity inside your crawlspace. While a vapor barrier covers only the floor of a crawl space, an encapsulation covers the walls and columns, completely sealing all seams. All vents, holes, and cracks in the crawl space are also sealed.
Flexi-Seal & Flexi-Foil Moisture Barriers
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we use the highest quality products to provide the longest-lasting solutions. Our commitment to quality means that we use Flexi-Seal and Flexi-Foil barriers for superior moisture control in crawl space vapor barriers and encapsulations.
- Flexi-Seal: We use this 20-mil vapor barrier to line the floors of crawl spaces for waterproofing or encapsulation. This reinforced, heavy-duty barrier is tough, durable, tear-resistant, and exceeds all building code requirements for crawl space encapsulation. It’s also backed by a lifetime warranty. It contains an antimicrobial additive for added protection against mold and mildew.
- Flexi-Foil: We use this 14-mil vapor barrier to line the walls of crawl spaces in crawl space encapsulations. Since it’s made of non-toxic aluminum, Flexi-Foil is not only a moisture barrier, but also a radiant barrier. It stops radiant transfer to increase your home’s efficiency and decrease your energy bills. In the summer it reflects heat, but in the winter it retains warmth.
Ready to get your crawl space waterproofed? Call the experts at Carolina Foundation Solutions at (877) 770-7050 for a free estimate today.
Crawl Space Floor Supports
Houses built in North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina are typically constructed using wood framing materials, many of which are built over a crawl space. Within a typical crawlspace, block or brick piers can be found, each supporting the floor framing above. It’s not unusual to find areas throughout many homes where the floors are uneven or have settled, especially in older homes. This problem may become evident with cracks in interior walls, sticking doors, and sagging or uneven floors. It can be caused by a variety of reasons such as natural settling over the years, heavy loads over unsupported areas, or rotten or damaged floor joists. Whatever the reason, Carolina Foundation Solutions can install a Strong Post system to provide the necessary support to fix sagging floors.
Choose Carolina Foundation Solutions for Crawl Space Repair in NC & SC
Your crawl space supports your home and safeguards the floors on your home’s ground floor. Allowing water to enter and cause damage to your crawl space will eventually cause problems inside your house, or even in your home’s foundation. Don’t wait — contact a reliable team of experts to stop the problem at the source, repair the damage, and prevent future issues. Carolina Foundation Solutions is your trusted source of crawl space repair solutions in NC and SC. We are local to the Carolinas and proudly serve Upstate South Carolina, Western North Carolina, and the Greater Charlotte area.
Our guarantee is to provide the highest degree of customer service and professionalism, which sets us apart from other crawl space waterproofing companies. We use only the most reliable systems and products available, which are installed by dedicated and trained professionals. We also offer same-as-cash financing to help you fit your crawlspace repair into your budget. Contact us today for a free assessment and quote on repairs!
For crawl space repair, crawl space sealing, and sagging floor repair, you can count on the Carolinas’ Waterproofing Specialist. Call (877) 770-7050 or contact us online to schedule a free assessment in NC or SC today!