Basement Waterproofing in Charlotte, Asheville & Beyond
Your basement is an integral part of your home that needs attention to remain structurally sound and keep water out of your home. Waterproofing the basement is a critical step that homeowners in North and South Carolina shouldn’t skip, and Carolina Foundation Solutions is here to get the job done. With decades of expertise and various high-quality, moisture-defying solutions for wet basements, we can create the optimal system for defending your home.
Why You Need Your Basement Waterproofed
As a homeowner in the Carolinas, you already know our coastal climate makes it difficult to control moisture. From outright flooding to humid air, keeping things dry is a struggle. When it comes to your basement, water and moisture buildup can cause severe damage. Waterproofing your basement can save you from:
- Dangerous mold and mildew
- Bugs and other pests making your house their home
- Wood rot and joist damage
If you notice any common signs of basement problems, like efflorescence or dampness, don’t wait for the issue to escalate. Contact us immediately!
Our Quality Basement Waterproofing Systems
We offer a line of systems designed best to meet the need of your basement problems and best fit your budget. To ensure that your basement problems are adequately put to rest, all our waterproofing systems consist of the same critical components: A moisture barrier, a diverter, a drainage system, a sump pump, and a backup system.
- Moisture barrier: Our moisture vapor barrier consists of a durable, non-porous product that’s applied to the interior side of the basement or foundation wall. Our moisture barriers prevent all moisture from entering the interior of your basement. Humidity and dampness will remain in any waterproof basement without a quality moisture barrier.
- Diverter: Our diverters are strategically installed to maintain open pathways to direct all water into our drainage system. The Polydrain diverters are designed to relieve hydrostatic pressure by facilitating the flow of water and eliminating resistance. Any waterproofing systems without diverters are easily overwhelmed when heavy rainfall occurs, causing system failure.
- Drainage system: Our drainage system is placed under the floor of basements to collect and discharge all stormwater from the basement. A proper drainage system that can accommodate a high volume of water is crucial to the effectiveness of a waterproofing system. An undersized drainage system would not be capable of handling the demands of heavy rainfall or flooding.
- Sump pump: The sump pump is one of the most critical components of an effective waterproofing system. We offer a top-of-the-line energy-efficient sump pump that is extremely reliable and designed to last even under extreme conditions. Our PitBoss sump pump is extremely quiet and powerful enough to pump thousands of gallons per hour.
- Battery backup: We also offer an optional battery backup PumpSpy System. You need your sump pump the most during a big storm. What happens when the power goes out? Our battery backup will provide you with that needed peace of mind. Our PumpSpy System monitors the main sump pump and provides a complete backup system 24 hours a day. PumpSpy also tests your system three times weekly to ensure everything works correctly. The PumpSpy allows tracking and monitoring of your sump pump through an iOS or Android app.
Installing one of our proven and reliable waterproofing systems will give you peace of mind and allow you to enjoy a dry, healthy, livable space in your basement.
Why Choose Carolina Foundation Solutions for Basement Waterproofing?
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we know how crucial it is to protect your property from any water damage — and we take our responsibility to you seriously. Our team is highly qualified and expertly trained to provide the care and attention to detail necessary to complete basement waterproofing jobs correctly every time.