Commercial Temporary Shoring
The soil conditions and unpredictable weather events in North and South Carolina mean business owners have a higher risk of foundation issues than average. Whether it be cracks in the foundation or sinking due to soil shifting, Carolina Foundation Solutions has years of experience performing a complete array of commercial foundation services, including temporary shoring when necessary.
What Is Temporary Shoring?
Shoring is the process of building a structure to support another unsafe structure. Temporary shoring is just what it sounds like: a method for preserving stability for a limited period. Temporary shoring comes into play when soil may shift during excavation or when a building has been damaged by an event like a storm or a car colliding into the building. Because shoring is meant to prevent a building from collapsing, working with a contractor that can balance efficiency with attention to detail is crucial.
How Does Temporary Shoring Work?
There are several options for temporary shoring, and your contractor will determine the best course of action based on multiple factors. Standard temporary shoring methods for commercial buildings include:
- Trench boxes consist of two plates separated by spreaders that are welded and braced against the excavation.
- Solder piles and lagging, involving an H pile frame around the perimeter and lagging sheets to reduce earth pressure.
- Sheet pile walls, with interlocking panels that wall off the excavation and helical anchors to provide further support.
- Tie-back anchors that attach to facing elements.
- Helical soil nails are steel shafts with welded steel plates or helices that screw down into the soil.
Benefits of Temporary Shoring
Why opt for temporary shoring? Your commercial building project will enjoy these advantages:
- Enhanced safety for workers and anyone else on the premises.
- Faster construction completion as workers don’t have to uncover a site more than once.
- Reduced liability for accidents and injury.
- An affordable solution that doesn’t compromise safety.
Why Choose Carolina Foundation Solutions?
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we’ve been serving commercial property owners for over 30 years and know our way around large-scale shoring projects. We work hard to keep our professionals up to date on the most recent innovations in the industry, so you can trust that we’ll complete your project to the highest industry standards.
Temporary Shoring FAQs