How much does waterproofing cost?
Basement Fact: It costs an estimated $3,000-$5,000 (1,200 square feet) to fix water damage in a basement in the United States.
Did you know that water damage and mold growth can lessen the value of a property 25%? Even more reason to not ignore these symptoms and find a waterproofing solution that fits your needs. The good news is that fixing your wet basement will add more value to your home dollar for dollar than any other repair. Not only is the fix necessary, but it’s worth it!
What are the associated costs of waterproofing?
- New Sump Pump Installation: $500 – $1,100
- Wall Crack Repair with Epoxy Injection: $350 – $525 per crack
- Floor Crack Repair: $600 – $850 per 20 square feet
- Footing Drain: $5,000 – $10,000
- Additional Costs- Removal of HVAC Units: $200 – $300
Preventative measures to prevent a wet basement:
- Install gutter extensions on downspouts to guide water further away from house
- Plug cracks and gaps in pipes with polyurethane caulk
- Insulate pipes and walls
- Remove excess humidity by running a dehumidifier
Preventative measures are not foolproof and homeowners can still find themselves experiencing wet basement or damp crawlspace issues. If this is the case it is important to be proactive and swift moving when you notice signs and symptoms of water damage.
Call our waterproofing experts, who will save you money on the front end by providing you a FREE assessment. Schedule your appointment by calling us at (877) 770-7050 or contact us online. Carolina Foundation Solutions recognizes the concern and the anxiety that surrounds issues. Our objective is to help educate, offer guidance and provide assistance. To make the process as easy as possible and take off some of the burden on your wallet, we offer financing options including same-as-cash loans and traditional low fixed interest rate loans. Learn more here.