Foundation Repair in Wilmington, NC
A Leader in Coastal Foundation Solutions Since 2002
Carolina Foundation Solutions is a family-owned and -operated foundation repair company local to the Carolinas. We specialize in providing top-quality repair and reinforcement services for foundations, concrete slabs, retaining walls, and more throughout the North Carolina and South Carolina coastal regions. From residential concrete slab repair for your aging Wrightsville Beach house to boardwalk and walkway foundation issues, our team of concrete experts has seen and done it all. That’s given us the expertise to provide efficient, effective solutions to our clients’ needs.
Residential Foundation Contractor Services
For most people, their home is their biggest investment and their most important asset. While homes are much more than the structural elements that compose it, these elements — from the concrete foundation and the chimney to the retaining walls and more — are critical to the integrity, safety, and value of any home.
Concrete Slab Lifting & Home Foundation Repair
An issue like the need for foundation repair can turn many homeowners into DIY mode, but it's a bad idea to try repairing your foundation on your own. DIY foundation repair is unsafe, unlikely to last, and rarely produces results that inspectors or future owners of the home will find satisfactory. That's why its crucial to call a foundation expert like CFS to come in and inspect your home's concrete slab or foundation and diagnose any possible issues. Your home may need foundation repair if you notice any of these signs:
- Doors and windows are sticking shut, or they don’t open and shut like they used to
- Cracks in the interior walls on the drywall, as well as cracks on the outside of your home
- Gaps between crown molding and the ceiling
- Gaps between caulking and windows or doors
- Sunken floors or a sinking foundation
- Patios that have pulled away from your home
- Wallpaper creases and wrinkles
- Nail pops (small, cracked circles where the nail pulls away from the drywall or sheetrock)
- Sloping of floors
- Bowed basement walls
Does Living on the Coast Increase Chances of Foundation Issues?
Although beautiful, the coastline that embodies the Wilmington area is home to some of the harshest elements. Some problems you will face when living on the coast, particularly on a waterfront property, include:
- High winds - By the coast, winds can reach up to 150 miles per hour during hurricane season each year and can wreak havoc on the health and stability of your home.
- Punishing waves - Waves start out deep in the sea and build bigger and bigger until they crash at the shore. Waves are considered the shorelines' natural “sculptors” because they quickly erode the land. A house close enough to the shoreline during high tide can easily be affected by this erosion.
- Flooding - Flooding is the most common issue on the coastline. The constant fluctuation of sea levels makes flooding a consistent threat.
Leaning Chimney Inspection & Repairs
The North Carolina coastal humid climate makes chimney settling and separation a common issue for Wilmington homeowners. Luckily, Carolina Foundation Solutions has the expertise to set your chimney straight with minimal disruption to everyday life. It’s not always easy to spot a leaning chimney. If you can’t tell just by looking, watch for these signs:
- Gaps between the house and the chimney: Look at the joint where the chimney meets the siding. If a crack has opened up, this is a sure sign that the chimney is leaning. Filling the gap with mortar, caulk, or insulation doesn’t resolve the problem or prevent it from getting worse; it only hides the issue temporarily.
- Dislodged flashing: Check the chimney where it meets the roof to see if strips of metal flashing have come loose. This indicates soil settling and may cause water damage in the attic.
- Off-center chimney: If the chimney runs through the interior, go to the attic and see if it’s centered in its frame. Are bricks pressing against one side of the opening or the other? If so, that means the structure is leaning.
- Deteriorated mortar and loose bricks: When the mortar begins crumbling and bricks start coming loose, the need for leaning chimney repair is dire.
If you notice these signs of a leaning chimney, call CFS at 1-877-770-7050 to schedule an inspection and receive a repair estimate.
Basement/Retaining Wall Repair & Reinforcement
If you've recently noticed any cracks, leaning, or bowing in your basement, call Carolina Foundation Solutions for a free inspection on basement wall repair. Retaining wall repair is also essential if your retaining walls move, lean, or demonstrate other evidence of structural damage. Carolina Foundation Solutions can straighten your walls and prevent future damage from neglected structures.
Commercial Foundation Contractors in Wilmington, NC
In addition to residential services, CFS also provides a wide range of commercial services for several types of properties throughout the Wilmington, NC, area. Our commercial services cover all sorts of repair, installation, and reinforcement work, including:
- Boardwalk, walkway, and bridge foundation reinforcement: When these structures are located in places with poor soil, strong foundations are a necessity. CHANCE helical anchors and piles are our most commonly used solutions.
- Concrete slab repair and replacement: Our methods for repairing concrete slabs include pressure grouting, polyurethane foam injection, carbon fiber reinforcement, and more.
- Deep foundation system installation: Through the use of CHANCE helical piles, we can stabilize your structure with the same performance as traditional deep foundations without the high mobilization costs.
- Earth retention services: Carolina Foundation Solutions can temporarily or permanently retain, support, reinforce, and secure soil masses surrounding your project. Our solutions can be installed quickly, even where access is limited.
- Installation of telecommunications, tower, pipeline, and solar foundations: We specialize in installing helical anchors and piles in these deep foundation applications.
- Seawall and marine construction, shoring, and repair: If you need lateral stability for new or existing bulkheads and seawalls, Carolina Foundation Solutions can get the job done. Helical tieback anchors have proven highly effective in this application. Plus, they can be tensioned and tested immediately with no cure time required.
- Underpinning system installation: Lack of stability within the supporting soil can lead to foundation settlement. Our underpinning services shore up and protect your foundation from further damage.
- Wall reinforcement and repair: Our high-end carbon reinforcement materials can strengthen and repair bowing walls, shifting corners, and cracking concrete columns. We also implement CHANCE helical tieback anchors as a reliable and effective solution for anchoring walls.
If You Have a Problem, We Have a Solution: Contact CFS for a Free Inspection
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we always go the extra mile to provide exceptional service and lasting solutions. Our experts:
- Boast training and certification that goes above and beyond industry requirements
- Take the time to ensure each project is completed safely, on time, and within budget
- Use the best materials, highest-quality products, and proven equipment to get the job done correctly the first time
CFS is a family-owned and -operated company with a common goal: to provide our customers with foundation solutions and services that are second to none. We’ve built our stellar reputation on a tireless commitment to customer service, exceptional professionalism, and top-quality results. That’s why:
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We are a four-time recipient of the coveted Angi Super Service Award.
- We are a four-time winner of the Dealer of the Year Award.
- We are a recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for Excellence in Customer Service by Foundation Technologies, Inc.