Charlotte's Foundation Repair & Concrete Slab Experts
Providing Foundation Solutions in NC Since 2002
Carolina Foundation Solutions is a family-owned and -operated company local to the Carolinas, with an office right here in the Queen City. We specialize in providing top-quality repair and reinforcement services for foundations, concrete slabs, and retaining walls. From home foundation crack repair to installing commercial deep foundation systems, our team of structural experts has seen and done it all. That’s given us the expertise to provide efficient, effective solutions to our clients’ needs.
Local Home Foundation Repair in Charlotte
For most people, their home is their biggest investment and their most important asset. While homes are much more than the structural elements that compose them, these elements — from the concrete foundation and the chimney to the retaining walls and more — are critical to the integrity, safety, and value of any home.
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we’re skilled at repairing and reinforcing these essential components of residential properties. Whether you need an expert to assess the condition of a foundation slab or it’s time for extensive repairs to basement and retaining walls, we’re the experts you can trust for the highest-quality services and lasting solutions. We will never sacrifice quality or cut corners, and our fully certified experts only use the industry’s best products, equipment, and materials.
Our residential services include:
- Concrete slab repair: At CFS, our goal is to provide the best-fit foundation repair options to restore our clients’ slabs in the most efficient, reliable, and cost-effective manner possible.
- Foundation repair: Although the cause for the movement within the soils (and consequently the foundation) can vary, the most common and most effective solution deemed necessary typically consists of installing underpinning helical piers.
- Chimney repair: The installation of underpinning helical piers is a proven method of repairing chimneys that are leaning and/or have experienced settlement.
- Basement wall repair and reinforcement: The most common and most effective methods of repairing bowing basement walls in Charlotte are installing carbon fiber reinforcement straps and/or installing helical tieback anchors (wall anchors).
- Retaining wall repair and reinforcement: Depending on the type of retaining wall, installing carbon fiber reinforcement straps can be an effective repair for bowing retaining walls. With this method, carbon fiber reinforcement straps are applied directly to the face of the wall to provide reinforcement and stabilize the wall.
How Do You Know if Your Home May Need Foundation Repair?
Here are signs your home may need foundation repair:
- Doors and windows are sticking shut; they don’t open and shut like they used to
- Cracks in the interior walls on the drywall, as well as cracks on the outside of your home
- Gaps between crown molding and the ceiling
- Gaps between caulking and windows or doors
- Sunken floors or a sinking foundation
- Patios that have pulled away from your home
- Wallpaper creases and wrinkles
- Nail pops (small, cracked circles where the nail pulls away from the drywall or sheetrock)
- Sloping of floors
- Bowed basement walls
Real Estate Inspection Services
Do you require a home structural specialist to help your clients with inspection services in the Charlotte area? Using our years of experience, we can assist in identifying potential property issues, from water damage and foundation failure to other structural issues, including bowing basement walls and leaning chimneys. Contact CFS to learn more about how we can be of assistance in buying or selling your home.
What Causes Cracks in Concrete Slabs?
Residential concrete slabs are durable and long-lasting. As concrete ages, however, it dries and shrinks. This can cause foundations to crack.
Minor cracks in a concrete slab may not cause significant damage. Whether they warrant immediate attention will depend on:
- The magnitude or width of cracks
- The presence of vertical displacement along the cracks
Along with aging, slab settling or sinking is another reason foundation slabs crack. This occurs when the soil beneath a concrete foundation moves, which can occur with:
- Drought conditions
- Heavy rainfall
- Drainage issues
- Slab leaks (from the water or sewer lines below or within a slab)
- Consolidation of backfilled soils that were poorly compacted
- Decomposition or decay of soil materials
- Soil erosion
- And more
Commercial Foundation Contractors in Charlotte
In addition to residential services, CFS also provides a wide range of commercial services for several types of properties throughout the Charlotte, NC, area. Our commercial services cover all sorts of repair, installation, and reinforcement work, including:
- Boardwalk, walkway, and bridge foundation reinforcements: When these structures are located in places with poor soil, strong foundations are a necessity. CHANCE helical anchors and piles are our most commonly used solutions.
- Concrete slab repairs and replacements: Our methods for repairing concrete slabs include pressure grouting, polyurethane foam injection, carbon fiber reinforcement, and more.
- Deep foundation system installations: Through the use of CHANCE helical piles, we can stabilize your structure with the same performance as traditional deep foundations without the high mobilization costs.
- Earth retention services: Carolina Foundation Solutions can temporarily or permanently retain, support, reinforce, and secure soil masses surrounding your project. Our solutions can be installed quickly, even where access is limited.
- Installation of telecommunications, tower, pipeline, and solar foundations: We specialize in installing helical anchors and piles in these deep foundation applications.
- Seawall and marine construction, shoring, and repairs: If you need lateral stability for new or existing bulkheads and seawalls, Caroline Foundation Solutions can get the job done. Helical tieback anchors have proven highly effective in this application. Plus, they can be tensioned and tested immediately with no cure time required.
- Underpinning system installations: Lack of stability within the supporting soil can lead to foundation settlement. Our underpinning services shore up and protect your foundation from further damage.
- Wall reinforcements and repairs: Our high-end carbon reinforcement materials can strengthen and repair bowing walls, shifting corners, and cracking concrete columns. We also implement CHANCE helical tieback anchors as a reliable and effective solution for anchoring walls.
Foundation Issue in Charlotte? Contact CFS for a Free Inspection
At Carolina Foundation Solutions, we always go the extra mile to provide exceptional service and lasting solutions. Our experts:
- Boast training and certification that goes above and beyond industry requirements
- Take the time to ensure each project is completed safely, on time, and within budget
- Use the best materials, highest-quality products, and proven equipment to get the job done correctly the first time
CFS is a family-owned and -operated company with a common goal — to provide our customers with foundation solutions and services that are second to none. We’ve built our stellar reputation on a tireless commitment to customer service, exceptional professionalism, and top-quality results. That’s why:
- We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
- We are a four-time recipient of the coveted Angi Super Service Award.
- We are a four-time winner of the Dealer of the Year Award.
- We are a recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for Excellence in Customer Service by Foundation Technologies, Inc.